Magical Tiny Theatre Venue for Performances & Parties
Hosted by Garnet StationSpacetoCo Host since August 2020
World famous in Westmere for our fun cafe, warm welcome, exceptional wood fired pizza and our tiny theatre & secret garden.
About this space
Garnet Station is a much loved local institution. World famous in Westmere for an eclectic, colourful heritage venue, cottage garden and performance space, this is a true one of a kind. Friendship, hospitality, pride and community is etched into the grain of this space that we love to share.
The tiny theatre seats 35 and is the most perfect intimate space for theatre, gigs, poetry, performance art, screenings and storytelling. It can host 50+ standing. The only limit is your imagination (and it’s tiny-ness).
Our beautiful theatre is also a perfect urban wedding venue. If you’re looking for an intimate space to celebrate your perfect day - then this hidden gem could work for you. Host your ceremony in the chapel like theatre and then enjoy some drinks in the secret garden while we transform the space for dinner and later dancing and merriment.
The hire of the space comes with stage, wifi, sound, lights, a screen, projector, trestle tables, chairs and use of our secret garden. If you're putting on a performance, then we're on hand to help with the kit.
Pricing for your event.
- For parties, weddings and private dining - the venue hire fee is $25 per hour and we supply the drinks and food. Book the date and time you need through this website. The minimum spend is $500.
- If you would like to host your performance here, the venue hire fee is $25 per hour with additional costs for hiring equipment like the projector. The bar is open before and after the show for audience enjoyment.
Ticketing: It is best to use your own ticketing system so you have a handle on bookings. All events go out to our 1000 + database through our monthly emails and are put up on our website so you will need to message us a blurb and high res photo.
We have Sound at the ready:
- 1x DI with two parallel Jack inputs, 5x 5m XLR cables,
- 2x Mic stands with mic clips
- 2x Audix Pro Microphones
- 2x Quest QSA 200i active speakers, 200w peak powered by a whopping CROWN Cts 1200 Amplifier.
- 1x Behringer X1222 Console 2x inputs SR that run back to the console Lighting,
We have: 1x Console, runs DMX 512 with the ability to operate up to 8 channels.
- 3x QTX LED Par lights DMX & Static controllable
- 2x Fresnel FOH Lights, 6x Floodlights with turtles (Floor adaptors)
- 2x Par52 Par Cans
- 1x Theatrelight Comet 6 Channel Smart Dimmer.
Catering and Alcohol
If you’re hosting a party or private dinner party in the space, we will cater this event for you. We will work with you to provide food options that suit you - either a lavish & delicious bespoke menu can be created or you can keep it easy with grazing platters or for a big party have us fire up the pizza oven and your guests can share the fare. In the on site kitchen we use free range eggs, organic meat and local produce. We recycle, reuse, upcycle, compost, worm farm and love to have fun! We also have a licensed bar serving a carefully curated selection of NZ wine and craft beer. We make cocktails and can do a jug of beer too. You can opt to pay upfront for a bar tab or have a cash bar for your guests.
We’re on beautiful & historic Garnet road in the sunny beach village Westmere with plenty of street parking. We love our neighbourhood and are a short walk from Western Springs Park, the village and beautiful Meola reef reserve, with views across to Te Atatu.
2:00pm - 10:00pm
2:00pm - 10:00pm
2:00pm - 10:00pm
- no BYO alcohol or food
- no petals inside
- if using balloons you must take them down and dispose of them yourself
We’re opposite the bus stop for the 105 which get’s you to Britomart in about 25 mins and is a really regular service. Parking is free and residential. Just don't park outside the dairy next door for more than 10 minutes!