Venue Hire Auckland
Discover thousands of unique spaces in Auckland New Zealand.
Looking for a venue in Auckland for your next event? Have no fear, because you're spoilt for choice! But before you hop on Spacetoco to find the perfect place, we have 10 things for you to consider to make your search that much easier!
Affordable Community Venue Hire in Newmarket with Free Parking and Wifi Affordable Community Venue Hire in Newmarket with Free Parking and Wifi
Community hall hire in Glendowie ideal for kids birthday parties, baby showers and classes Community hall hire in Glendowie ideal for kids birthday parties, baby showers and classes
How to Book for Venue Hire Auckland
Save yourself time and find secret spaces nearby
Compare Spaces and filter your search results to exactly what you want
See live space availability and book online in just a few clicks
Use the space for your activity and connect with your Host
Planning a birthday party, wedding or even a conference in Auckland? You need a venue! Luckily for you, New Zealand's biggest and busiest city is full of amazing venues to choose from. But before you even start your search, here are 10 things to consider when hiring out an Auckland venue for your next event!
1. What type of event are you planning? - All of the details of your event will determine what venues you'll consider. Are you planning something with heaps of activities? Then you might need a venue with a lot of space. Wanting to plan a team meeting? You might not need the space, but you would need somewhere with tables and chairs. List all of the details and needs of your event and it'll make your search that much easier!
2. What's your budget? - While the dreaded 'b' word can dampen your planning, it doesn't have to! Having limitations gives you an opportunity to be creative and to consider some unique venues the Auckland region has to offer. For example, you could run one of your start-up business meetings at the affordable Auckland Table Tennis Association complete with seating, Wi-Fi, free parking and even an opportunity to play some table tennis during your team's lunch break! 3. When is your event? - This doesn't just mean the specific dates of your occassion; think about the time of day and even the time of year. For example, if you're planning something during the day and in the summer time, you might consider venues with outdoor spaces, like Northcote's Onepoto Domain Hall which touts bush walks, bike tracks, a public BBQ and even a flying fox. Also, some venues are cheaper or more expensive depending on the time of year - very useful information!
4. Where is your event? - Since Auckland is so big, think about where the majority of your guests are. Are they all spread out? Somewhere a bit more central would be more convenient, like the Aaiotanga Community Space in the heart of Auckland City. On the other hand, a venue outside of the city could be appropriate if it's a whole day affair like a wedding, or if you want your guests to be in a serene space away from town.
5. Capacity - There's a big difference between corporate events to family birthdays when it comes to capacity. If you know how many people you're expecting at your event, you could save some money by picking an appropriate space to hire. For example, there's no use hiring out a massive church if you're planning a very intimate wedding; why not consider Garnet Station's chapel-like theatre which seats 35 (and why not have their amazing wood fired pizza for your reception too)?
6. Parking/Transport - Aucklanders know how parking and transport can be a pain, so being considerate of your guests when it comes to this can make you a hero event planner! If you're expecting heaps of people, finding a venue with free parking might be your best bet, like the Marist Saints Rugby League Club in Mt. Albert. But if it's a lunch-time meeting with one of your clients, you could hire out one of St Luke's Community meeting rooms which is close to public transport and is only a few minutes from Auckland CBD.
7. What facilities do you need? - Venue hire doesn't only come with space - it comes with facilities to use. Being clear about what you need can help you focus on what venues offer and what you may need to hire elsewhere. If you are planning to add a personal touch to your food by self-catering, consider how much kitchen space you have (especially the fridge!). Other facilities to consider are AV, Wi-Fi, seating or even whiteboards depending on what you're planning - West Auckland's Encounter Christian Centre has all of the above!
8. Layout/Ambience - An underrated detail about events is the overall ambience. The layout of your space and how you decorate it can make a huge difference! Think about how to make a seamless space for your guests by doing a walk-through - where will people enter, congregate and believe it or not, find some breathing space (especially your beloved introverts!)? Also, each space brings with it character that can add to the vibe of your event, which means less decor work for you. St. Aidan's Church in Remuera is an example of a beautiful wedding venue that doesn't require much decor, if at all!
9. Accessibility - Be considerate of your guests who have certain needs, like the elderly, disabled or even those who are pregnant. Things to be aware of include accessible entrances/exits, toileting, parking, facilities for the hearing impaired and even rooms for people who need some quiet. For example, the Ōwairaka Community House is a free venue that has a ramp for wheelchair use, disabled and baby changing toilets as well as rooms that can be used for breastfeeding or quiet time.
10. The Fine Print - Finally, make sure you always read the fine print! Venues may have extra costs and conditions when it comes to alcohol (eg. not being able to sell or even consume on site), food (like in-house catering) and security. Do your research and gather as much information as you can to avoid unecessary stress and expenses!
No matter what you're planning, the Auckland region has the venue for you! Just make sure you list out all the details of your event with your guests in mind (and then hop on Spacetoco!), and we guarantee your venue search will be easier and much more enjoyable!
Reviews from our customers
“The website was very easy to use and I found an amazing space that was perfect! All the amenities listed were easily available on the site, parking information was correct, and it was very easy to book and pay online. Thank you!”
“SpacetoCo is a great solution for finding beautiful, interesting and affordable spaces. I often run small and medium-sized events and I’ve already been able to find two gorgeous new venues for hosting them. It takes the guesswork and endless searching out. I’m looking forward to exploring more!”
“Being situated in the Heritage Moores Building on Henry St in the heart of Fremantle, we recognised that our Spaces were desired by many but known only by a few. SpacetoCo offered us a chance to not only streamline our processes around the booking of Space but gave us an opportunity to be exposed to a wider audience. We’ve since taken bookings for weddings, baby showers, documentary shoots and group workshops. The power of local people accessing local space is a vision we share with SpacetoCo, and one that I would encourage all business owners to consider”
“The multiple dates booking is obscenely easy to use. In fact, the whole process was super smooth.”
“SpacetoCo has helped me turn a bit of extra space in our office into a thriving co-working space in the heart of Subiaco. As a host, I love the transparency and flexibility I have with the platform, allowing us to manage bookings, guest payments and communication in one area. We get local and national enquiries from SpacetoCo for people needing a hot desk or workshop space for an hour, a day or a month, and I love that they can find Ampersand Collective without any extra work required from me!”
“SpacetoCo is perfect for small businesses like mine that need affordable and versatile spaces. The SpacetoCo service is second to none. You won't be disappointed!”