Barbara J Long Function Room
Hosted by Clare and Gilbert Valleys CouncilSpacetoCo Host since June 2023
Areas in this space (2)
This space contains 2 different areas that can be booked independently.
About this space
The Barbara J Long Function room is a light and bright meeting space with an open floor plan, offering versatility to hirers. This space is popular with many groups for small - medium size meetings, training and workshop type events. With an adjoining commercial kitchen and separate bar it is also a great space to host birthday parties, dinners, networking events or even intimate weddings. Internal double doors can be opened to allow access into the main hall while exterior door opens out onto Mill Place.
- 12 trestles tables - (seating 8)
- 90 chairs
- Ceiling mounted data projector and screen
- microphone and speaker system
- Bar facilities including fridges, glassware, glasswasher
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee Station (hirers to provide fresh milk)
- Commercial kitchen, including combi oven, gas oven and 8 burner stove, commercial dishwasher, 3 door fridge, single door upright freezer and separate upright fridge, microwave, pie warmer, 100 cup coffee percolator, urns, ample stainless steel benches, access to kitchen pantry which is stocked with a comprehensive supply of cooking equipment and tableware for up to 200 guests
Extra items and charges
This space has extra items and charges that can be added to your booking. Some may be required depending on your booking time and type, which will be shown at the checkout.
229 Main North Road, Clare SA, Australia
- No vehicles are permitted to park in Mill Place
- Loading/Unloading zone available on Old North Road
- The entire complex is a smoke-free zone!
- Please report any issues to Town Hall Coordinator, Jen on 0457050108 or complete a council works request form https://www.claregilbertvalleys.sa.gov.au/online-forms/clare-and-gilbert-valleys-council-online-forms/minor-works-request-form
- The hirer is responsible for setting up the area regarding equipment, crockery, and furniture
- Complimentary tea and coffee station (guests to supply their own milk)
- All spaces are to be left cleaned, rubbish removed and equipment returned to its original location
- Please turn all heating/cooling and lights off prior to leaving
- The Town Hall Coordinator will run through the following checklist after the hirer has vacated the premises. This inspection will occur no later than three days after the event and always before the next booking. If all is in order then the full bond will be returned - Click here to view how SpaceProtect works. If the inspection reveals a noncompliance with any of the points on the checklist or that any of the cleaning items are missing, the Clare and Gilbert Valleys Council reserves the right to reduce the amount of the bond refunded or to withhold the bond completely, whichever is appropriate.
Parking is available in the main street or in the Thomas Hart Memorial Car Park behind the hall. Located directly to the rear of the hall are 2 disabled carparks.
Guests using the main hall are permitted to access Ennis Park ONLY to unload/load vehicles but are asked NOT to drive or park on grassed areas. Please note vehicles are NOT permitted to stay there for the duration of your booking. A bollard key will be required for Ennis Park access and is available from Council.
If "No Parking" signs are required, please contact Council on (08)8842 6400 to arrange.