Artisan Markets Outdoor Stall with Marquee
Hosted by The Coal Loader Centre for SustainabilitySpacetoCo Host since December 2021
The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability (the Coal Loader) is the face of sustainability at North Sydney Council. It is located on the Waverton waterfront. The Coal Loader is a community meeting point and hub for Council's extensive range of environmental and sustainability programs and a site with an interesting history as an ex-industrial coal bunkering site on Sydney Harbour.
About this space
The Platform is one of Sydney’s largest publicly accessible green roof spaces. The concrete and sandstone platform structure is one hectare in size and is designed to be a multi-purpose recreational space with spectacular views of the harbour. Constructed in the 1920's, the building is now available for hire as a community space with an emphasis on sustainability.
The Coal Loader is the base for many of North Sydney Council's sustainability programs and workshops.
2 Balls Head Drive, Waverton NSW, Australia
9:00am - 3:00pm
- Alcohol may be consumed at the venue but not sold. No alcohol is to be consumed at all outside the venue
- Under no circumstances shall there be any burners such as barbecues or spit roasts, fireworks or other inflammable materials, fog or smoke making devices allowed in any Hall/Room unless approved by Council.
- Sparklers and/or naked flames are not permitted with the facility.
- The hirer is responsible for the conduct of those attending functions.
- No cigarette advertising is allowed.
- Decorations can only by hung from picture rails. They must not be hung from lights or fans. Confetti or the like is prohibited.
- Ice must be kept in leak-proof containers.
- Hirers are to leave the premises as they find them. This includes: - returning all tables and chairs as found - wiping down any benches and kitchen equipment - cleaning the floor.
The following transport lines have routes that pass near the Coal Loader
- Bus: 230, 254, 291, 320
- Train: T1, T9