Hosted by Waitomo District CouncilSpacetoCo Host since December 2022
The Waitomo District is known for adventure and natural beauty. Located just 2.5 hours from Auckland, Waitomo is famous for its labyrinth of limestone caves, underground galleries and grottos. Council’s vision for our District is "Waitomo - A Vibrant District". In moving towards this Vision, our aim is to make the district an attractive place that people will want to come and visit, work, and live in.
Areas in this space (3)
This space contains 3 different areas that can be booked independently.
About this space
Discover a great location at the Les Munro Centre foyer. With a capacity of 100 people, this space offers a small bar, 10 round tables, 50 trestle tables, and 600 chairs. Open the sliding doors to create a seamless flow between the gardens and the foyer. Perfect for meetings, cocktail parties.
A bond of $500 or 50% (whichever is greater) will apply when booking this space.
Please note, the pre-inspection will take roughly 30 minutes and must be conducted within the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. If your booking time does not allow for this, we may ask to amend your start time.
Extra items and charges
This space has extra items and charges that can be added to your booking. Some may be required depending on your booking time and type, which will be shown at the checkout.
8 King Street East, Te Kuiti 3910, New Zealand
- The contact details provided by the hirer will be used by Waitomo District Council as the point of contact for the booking.
- The point of contact must be present for the duration of the booking.
- The hirer will only be in the facility within the time booked.
- The time booked will include any set up and pack down time the hirer may need.
- The hirer will not leave anything within the facility after the time of hire.
- All bookings spanning over multiple days must be booked as one block of time with no gaps or will not be accepted.
- Any time not booked by the hirer is open and available to be booked by other customers.
- All furniture and equipment used must be returned to its original place.
- All floors must be mopped or vacuumed.
- All surfaces used must be wiped down.
- The hirer will not use any nails, staples, or tacks on the walls, floors, or doors of the facility. The hirer is permitted to use blue-tack.
- The hirer will not bring in or use any glitter or confetti.
- All decorations and signage put up by the hirer must be removed.
- There is no smoking in the facility. This includes smoke machines and fog machines.
- No furniture may be placed within 2 metres of the air vents in the Supper Room and the Main Hall.
- The emergency exits must be left clear and accessible at all times.
- No smoking or cooking on the deck.
- No signage is to be placed outside the Les Munro Centre.
- No vehicles can be parked on the lawn outside the Les Munro Centre.
- Each hire is allocated two wheelie bins to fill with general refuse, any excess refuse and all recycling will need to be removed by the hirer.
- The positioning of the stage lighting cannot be altered.
- The hirer must notify Waitomo District Council if the Fire Extinguisher is used.
Public parking spaces are available plus carpark next to The Cottage Childcare Centre. Please be aware of traffic if parking on the street.