Artist space, creative and messy is ok!
Hosted by Sparkhaus StudioSpacetoCo Host since February 2022
About this space
Sparkhaus Studio is a creative volunteer-run nonprofit Makerspace that encourages learning, creativity and collaboration by providing the Newcastle community with low-cost access to a wide variety of sophisticated tools, workspace, and a wide variety of art, craft and technology classes.
Sometimes being creative is messy business! We've got you covered. Multiple spaces available to book out or combine for a large space.
These creative spaces are located upstairs from the main floor of the Makerspace and ideal for those needing to spread out a bit and focus on a project. Spaces can be hired for multiple consecutive days, with your project left untouched.
We also have a large variety of facilities listed below that are available to hire separately for your own use or personal workshop from 3D printing to costuming, laser cutting, machining, digital art, electronic art and more!
- 3D Printers
- CNC Router
- Laser cutter and engraver
- iMac with Adobe Suite
- Soldering stations
- Electronics testing equipment
- Sewing Machines
- Small Kitchenette with a microwave and tea and coffee
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Wood working tools and machinery
- Desktop vinyl cutter
- Lockable storage and much more!
- Private meeting room (available to add on SpacetoCo as an additional charge at check-out)
- #1 Rule: Be Excellent (to the space, to other members, etc).
- We do not have cleaning fairies, tidy up after yourself. If you are the last person in the space, please make sure to lock up appropriately.
- Any damage to equipment or facilities will need to be reimbursed in full by the guest.
- No smoking indoors.
- Dogs and other large animals are permitted (sheep included!).
We are located in Islington on John Hooker Street just off Maitland Road.
15 Minute walk from Hamilton Station and Hamilton High street.
3 Minute walk from TAFE in Newcastle
Please park in front of Sparkhaus building; if during business hours and no park please park on John Hooker. If after hours, park anywhere inside lot.