(Induction) Medina Hall
Hosted by City of Kwinana - Facility BookingsSpacetoCo Host since December 2020 · 25k bookings
The City of Kwinana is a unique community, set among extensive native bushland and public open space. The City is currently undergoing rapid growth in population, investment, and industrial expansion. The City of Kwinana represents and services the suburbs of Anketell, Bertram, Calista, Casuarina, Hope Valley, Kwinana Beach, Leda, Mandogalup, Medina, Naval Base, Orelia, Parmelia, Postans, the Spectacles, Wandi, and Wellard.
Areas in this space (2)
This space contains 2 different areas that can be booked independently.
About this space
This Booking is for a guided induction with staff from the City of Kwinana.
The Medina Hall features a large open space with an elevated stage and dressing rooms. The facility is an ideal location for large functions, performances, and graduations.
Elevated stage with stairs on either end and stage curtains.
Dressing rooms on either end of the stage.
Commercial kitchen with serving area equipped with a 900mm electric stove top and oven, wall urn, dishwasher, microwave, and domestic fridge/freezer.
AV system with a ceiling-mounted rear projector onto the screen at the front of the stage
250 x Chairs
20 x Round trestle tables which are 1800mm diameter 5 x Rectangle trestle 1830mm wide x 760mm deep x 740mm high
We strongly recommend booking a facility induction before your booking date.
Extra items and charges
This space has extra items and charges that can be added to your booking. Some may be required depending on your booking time and type, which will be shown at the checkout.
Medina Hall, Pace Road, Medina WA, Australia
9:00am - 9:30am
11:30am - 12:30pm
We ask you to be considerate and to take measures to contain all noise within the Hall, particularly during the evenings. In Western Australia, noise within a property is controlled by the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997. The regulations set decibel levels for different times of the day and week that should not be exceeded at the property boundary. The levels vary during the day to reflect the changes in sensitivity to noise in residential areas. The noise levels are least restrictive during the day on weekdays. The levels are lower in the evenings, 7pm to 10pm, and on weekends and public holidays. From 10pm onwards, only background environmental noise should be audible. These Regulations are enforced by Police Officers and City of Kwinana Authorised Noise Officers. Consider placement of your speakers and any noise generating equipment. Direct any speakers inwards and downwards to contain noise within the hall. Lower your volume and turn any bass noise down after 7pm. walking outside and listen for noise from the hall. If you can make out the actual words to a song or hear the bass of the music, the noise is too loud and needs to be turned down. By 10pm, there should be no noise heard outside at all. Remember to ask your guests to leave quietly and say goodbyes inside.
Functions including parties, celebrations, community function e.g. quiz night, awards nights or any bookings that are deemed as ‘high risk’ are required to:
- Have a minimum of six hours booking time
- ‘Function charge’ under Additional items section to be added upon booking, if not selected at time of booking, fee will be charged at processing.
- A pre-hold/pre-authorisation on the hirer’s nominated bank account for a bond will be done 4 days before the booking date and is released 3 days after the booking date if there is no damage or additional costs arise from the hire (E.g. additional hire time, security call outs, repairs to facility and additional cleaning). Otherwise, the Bookings Team will make contact within 3 days after your booking.
It is the hirer's responsibility to ensure that all insurances and paperwork required is current and received prior to your booking date.
We strongly recommend scheduling a site induction or viewing before the booking date.
- Alcohol consumption is restricted to the hired facility ONLY and is not to be consumed outside of the booked space. Consumption of alcohol in public open spaces is prohibited by law.
- Liquor will not be consumed, supplied or made available to any person under 18 years of age.
- Event lighting, portable bars, kegs/bulk alcohol and drink/slushy machines may only be used with permission from the City, please message for approval.
- No confetti, rice, glitter, glitter shapes or balloon release within facilities or surroundings.
- No barbeques, candles, gas bottles, open flames, portable stoves or ovens, fireworks, kerosene or spirit type lamps, spit roasts within facilities.
- No fire of any type may be lit in the surrounding grounds of any facility.
- No smoke machines, bubble makers inside facilities but may be used within grounds with permission from the City, please message for approval.
- Electrical equipment must be approved by City before being used, please message for approval.
- Special Event hire fees may apply for ticketed events, additional Special Event charge to be added at time of booking, if not selected will be charged at processing.
- No Anti-Social behaviour
If you would like to discuss any of the above information in further detail send the Bookings Team a message here or call 94390407.
Parking is available on Harley Way and Pace Road Medina.
Please do not park on verges or footpaths.
The City encourages the use of public transport or walking or cycling instead.
Bus 540 stops nearby, please visit Transperth website for timetables.