(Induction) Ken Jackman Hall
Hosted by City of Kwinana - Facility BookingsSpacetoCo Host since December 2020 · 25k bookings
The City of Kwinana is a unique community, set among extensive native bushland and public open space. The City is currently undergoing rapid growth in population, investment, and industrial expansion. The City of Kwinana represents and services the suburbs of Anketell, Bertram, Calista, Casuarina, Hope Valley, Kwinana Beach, Leda, Mandogalup, Medina, Naval Base, Orelia, Parmelia, Postans, the Spectacles, Wandi, and Wellard.
Areas in this space (2)
This space contains 2 different areas that can be booked independently.
About this space
This Booking is for a guided induction with staff from the City of Kwinana. Ken Jackman Hall is located on the Ground Floor of the Darius Wells Library and Resource Centre.
Ken Jackman Hall is the only space in the Darius Wells Library and Resource Centre that is suitable for a function. Ken Jackman Hall has vinyl flooring and is sub-dividable that can be hired as a half hall - Ken Jackman Hall 1/South or Ken Jackman Hall 2/North.
Both halls are equipped with an AV system that has ceiling-mounted projectors and ceiling-mounted automatic drop-down screens that are only compatible with an HDMI or VGA cable. Each half-hall has 2 cordless microphones.
Note that Hirers are to bring their own cables and/or adaptors to connect to the system as these are not provided.
Hirers are to set up and pack away within their booked times. A Hirer guide containing operating instructions is provided in a file that is located in the Tea Prep in Ken Jackman Hall 1/South and in the Commercial kitchen in Ken Jackman Hall 2/North.
15 x round trestle tables which measure 1800mm in diameter
20 x rectangle trestle tables which measures 1830mm wide x 760mm deep x 740mm high
2 Robbos Way, Kwinana Town Centre WA, Australia
9:30am - 10:00am
Functions including parties, celebrations, community function e.g. quiz night, awards nights or any bookings that are deemed as ‘high risk’ are required to:
- Have a minimum of six hours booking time
- ‘Function charge’ under Additional items section to be added upon booking, if not selected at time of booking, fee will be charged at processing.
- A pre-hold/pre-authorisation on the hirer’s nominated bank account for a bond will be done 4 days before the booking date and is released 3 days after the booking date if there is no damage or additional costs arise from the hire (E.g. additional hire time, security call outs, repairs to facility and additional cleaning). Otherwise, the Bookings Team will make contact within 3 days after your booking.
If you would like to discuss any of the above information in further detail send the Bookings Team a message here or call 94390407.
- No confetti, rice, glitter, glitter shapes or balloon release within facilities.
- No barbeques, candles, gas bottles, open flames, portable stoves or ovens, fireworks, kerosene or spirit type lamps, spit roasts within facilities.
- No fire of any type may be lit in the surrounding grounds of any facility.
- No smoke machines, bubble makers inside facilities but may be used within grounds with permission from the City, please message for approval.
- Electrical equipment must be approved by City before being used, please message for approval.
- Event lighting, portable bars and drink/slushy machines may only be used with permission from the City, please message for approval.
Parking is available on Robbos Way with additional parking along Peel Row and Chisham Ave as well further parking off Darius Drive.
Please do not park on verges or footpaths.
The City encourages the use of public transport or walking or cycling instead.
Bus 542, 543, 541 and 549 stops nearby, please visit Transperth website for timetables.