Yoga/Training room available to hire for community-orientated events.
Hosted by Naomi HodgsonSpacetoCo Host since March 2022
About this space
Pachamama House is a funky, down-to-earth community venue centrally located in Hamilton, NSW. We have a range of affordable spaces available for hire for community workshops and events as well as office rooms for rent and hotdesks for casual use.
We aim to be a meeting place and hub for the progressive community of Newcastle– for all who are aspiring for a more just and sustainable world.
Our flexible meeting room space is suitable for presentations, meetings, workshops/ training and activities such as yoga.
- 66 sq.M area. 6M x 11M
- Seats up to 60 in theatre style. (33 under Covid-19 2 sq.M per person rules)
- Carpeted and air conditioned.
- Chairs and tables (stored below stairs, usually the space is empty of furniture).
- Screen fixed to wall for presentations and films.
- Exclusive use of a small kitchenette: including urn, cups, cutlery.
- Access to plates and platters can be arranged.
- One toilet and basin directly off the main room.
Group Rates: The rates for room hire are different for different groups:
- Government agencies and profitable businesses are to pay the full price: HOURLY RATE - $20 an hr
FULL DAY RATE - $200 (capped price) - select 10+ hours when requesting to book.
- Funded community projects, NGOs, or for-profit private enterprise to pay the discount price: HOURLY RATE - $10 an hr (add discount code DISCOUNT-10)
FULL DAY RATE - $100 (capped price)- select 10+ hours and add the discount code DISCOUNT-FULL-DAY-100 when requesting to book.
- Fledgling community projects and unfunded community groups to pay the extra discount price: HOURLY RATE - $8 an hr (add discount code EXTRA-DISCOUNT-8)
FULL DAY RATE - $40 (capped price)- select 10+ hours and add the discount code EXTRA-DISCOUNT-FULL-DAY-40 when requesting to book .
Tenants of Pachamama House are not required to pay additional fees for booking common spaces.
Unfunded community and grassroots activist groups that are closely aligned with Pachamama House core values and purpose may be given access for free, upon request, when not competing with tenant needs. Please enquire directly for more information.
Who can use Pachamama House?
Priority for rental spaces is given to groups or projects where the primary objective is environmental and social change that aligns with the core purpose of Pachamama House. Regular users of the space include groups that are active in environmental campaigns, community education, yoga and wellness, refugee advocacy, renewable energy and a range of arts and community initiatives. Only groups and activities that broadly align with and do not contravene our values and objectives are to occur at Pachamama House.
Promoting your event: if you’re hosting a public event at Pachamama we will happily notify our our Facebook followers and add a listing to our occasional email updates to help spread the word. Just send us the details or share your Facebook event with us
9:00am - 11:00am, 2:00pm - 10:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
11:30am - 10:00pm
9:00am - 10:00pm
Rules when using Pachamama space:
- Treat the space like your home and respect it as a community resource.
- Unless there are obviously other people coming and going from the building when you leave, ensure all doors to the buildings and the side gate is locked.
- Make sure lights (including toilet lights) and the air con are switched off before you leave.
- Leave the space at least as clean and tidy as it was found. Pachamama is maintained by volunteers, so you’re part of the team.
- This includes wiping spills and crumbs from benches and tables with a damp cloth, washing, drying and putting away crockery and cutlery, and leaving furniture as you found it. If you make a mess on the floor there is a vacuum cleaning under the stairs in the main building or in the kitchen in the Yoga/Training room, and brooms in the kitchens. There are also cleaning products in both these places.
Policy for using the courtyard for evening gatherings:
- Bookings are for community-oriented gatherings
- Sale of alcohol is not permitted
- No amplified noise after 10pm on weekdays or after midnight on weekends
- Lock the gate on the way out
- Ensure all doors to the buildings are locked and closed
- Take away any recycling or rubbish that does not fit in the Pachamama bins (bins are kept to the north of the building out the front)
- A $100 bond may be required for certain bookings
- If the space is not left as clean as it was found and all rubbish removed, a cleaning fee of $150 will be charged.