Hamersley Inlet Campground
Hosted by Shire of Ravensthorpe CampgroundsSpacetoCo Host since February 2022 · 1k bookings
There are a number of camping options within the Shire of Ravensthorpe in the Fitzgerald Biosphere Coast, tucked between Esperance and Albany on the south-east coast of WA. The Shire have three (unpowered) bush camping sites to choose from, all accessible by 2WD: Hamersley Inlet Campground located within the internationally recognised Fitzgerald River National Park and the pet friendly, Mason Bay and Starvation Bay campgrounds, at picturesque beachside locations approx. 30 mins east of Hopetoun.
About this space
TO ALLOW MANUAL PROCESSING PLEASE ALLOW TWO WORKING DAYS FOR APPROVALS. BOOKINGS ARE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE WITHOUT A VEHICLE REGISTRATION. PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR BOOKING REASON.
Hamersley Inlet Campground is a small campground with 14 sites that offers basic camping amenities in a natural bush setting located within the internationally acclaimed Fitzgerald River National Park, a botanical wonderland that is home to over 1800 species of wildflowers and forming 20% of Western Australia’s flora species within this park.
This is a great little campground easily accessible year round via the southern sealed section of Hamersley Drive just minutes from the Hopetoun town centre or during dry conditions via the unsealed Hamersley Drive North (road subject to close at short notice in wet conditions). The campground is an ideal place to base yourself to explore the untamed wilderness of the National Park and provides close access to Hamersley Inlet for all of your hiking, boating and fishing activities with only a short 4WD to Hamersley Beach or Hamersley Sand Dunes. A walk track from Hamersley Inlet will also connect you to the Hakea Walk Trail at Hamersley Beach.
Helpful tips for selecting your sites:
· Campsites 1 to 3 are for large caravans
· Campsites 4 to 7 are for medium caravans
· Campsites 8 to 11 are for small caravans and campervans
· Campsites 12 to 14 are for single vehicle and tent.
FOR BOOKINGS TO BE ACCEPTED YOU MUST PROVIDE THE REGISTRATION OF THE VEHICLE YOU WILL BE TRAVELLING IN OR IN THE CASE OF A HIRE VEHICLE, A BRIEF DECRIPTION OF THE VEHICLE HIRE TO HELP IDENTIFY YOU.
- Shire may appoint a Camp Host to be based on site. To help ensure visitor safety and enjoyment, please adhere to our Campground Rules listed below.
- Check-In: 1PM
- Check-Out: 12noon (sharp)
- Campers and their guests are required to vacate the campsite no later than the check-out time to avoid additional costs and infringements.
- You must only occupy the site you have booked and paid for and all vehicles and equipment must not extend beyond your designated campsite.
- Persons camping under eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by an adult and children may not be left unattended in the campground without adult supervision.
- There are long drop toilet facilities with a sheltered gas BBQ and you will need to bring your own drinking water.
- Do not empty chemical toilet waste into campground toilets. There nearest dump point is available on Senna Road (opposite Wavecrest), off Hopetoun-Ravensthorpe Road.
- All sites are unpowered and generators are permitted until 8pm.
- No fires (including stoves, barbeques and other appliances powered by burning solid fuel such as charcoal) are permitted. Gas appliances can be used unless a total fire ban has been declared and they should never be left unattended when in use.
- Dogs or pets are not permitted in the National Park and park entry fees apply in addition to campground fees.
- Failure to arrive at your campsite within 24hours without prior communications to the Shire of Ravensthorpe (08) 9839 0000 or email@example.com may result in your booking being cancelled
- December to April can be very hot and the risk of bushfire can be very high. In the event of an emergency, the muster point for the campground is located at the boat ramp at Hamersley Inlet.