Castlemaine Botanical Gardens
Hosted by Mount Alexander Shire CouncilSpacetoCo Host since March 2022 · 1k bookings
Mount Alexander Shire is known for its local food and wine, vibrant arts community and breathtaking natural surrounds. Perfectly located in Central Victoria, just over an hour from Melbourne by car or train.
About this space
With a stunning ornamental lake surrounded by open manicured grounds, the gardens are home to an exceptional variety of established native and exotic trees. This setting will enhance any celebration and is the perfect site for weddings and family gatherings.
There are many picnic areas throughout, with BBQs and toilets located both near the playground and lake.
There are power outlets at the following locations available for general public use:
- BBQ’s near Playground - 2 x Double power points on two of the posts near the playground BBQs - the posts that make up the big BBQ shelter.
- Rotunda - 2 x Double power points near the stairs
- External Tea Rooms – 2 x Double power points near picnic tables under verandah
- All areas are a public space and exclusive use cannot be guaranteed.
- Pegs and stakes are not to be placed in the ground. If a marquee (or similar structure) is being erected these are to be secured with weights.
- Remove all rubbish from the site and leave the area clean.
- Vehicle access is only allowed with Council's prior approval. Where permission is granted, entry should be through designated points, travel should be done at a walking pace, and all vehicles must stay on walkways at all times.
- There is free parking available at the site.
- The gardens are 1.5 kilometres away from the Castlemaine Train Station, which is about a 20-minute walk.