'The Boom Box Studio' recording studio for music, vocals, voice or podcast
Hosted by The 312 HubSpacetoCo Host since February 2020
‘A Home to be Understood’
About this space
High tech recording studio ready for you to create and share your talents with the world. This is a dedicated space for aspiring musicians to record and edit music & sound recording. Our "Boom Box" Studio is at an entry level. The space includes the following kit:
• 2 x Microlite Tripod Base Microphone Boom Stands & Microphones
• 1 x Proel Eikon Pressure Gradient Condenser Studio Microphone, equipped with a 1.1" Mylar Capsule with a gold coated surface that guarantees a transparent high frequency response. includes Shockmount support, anti-pop filter and a sturdy aluminum case. 48V Phantom Power
• Multimix 4 usb fx - 4 Channel Mixer with effects and usb audio interface
• Proel Eikon 6 Studio Monitors 70w 6.5" High definition nearfield powered.
• Apple iMac Computer 27" 8GB Ram & Recording Software: Logic Pro x and for producing FL Studio (Fruity Loops)
• 2 x Acoustic guitars (nothing too flash)
• Studio is sound proofed and also includes a variety of power cords, multi-plug adapters, a fan and basic seating.
The space would be suitable for:
Musicians, DJ’s, Voice artists, podcast recording
The space includes a desk and can comfortably fit two people. You have access to our kitchenette, tea & coffee station and toilets.
The space is wheel chair accessible
If you want to apply for a community discount, please message us. If you want a long term rental rate or want to discuss a residency arrangement - please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to pay by cash for your booking, please use discount code CASHBOOKING at checkout and you will not need to pay using a card.
We’re right in the heart of Onehunga. Our hub is just off the Main Street. We have limited private parking and are next to the free dress smart car park.
6 minute walk from Onehunga train station - frequent & direct connections to Britomart and Newmarket
12 min drive or cab from the Airport
There are so many great food options nearby. Our fave coffee spot is Coffee Plenty - 1 min walk away.
Please note The 312 Hub is a STRICTLY ALCOHOL, DRUG AND SMOKE FREE ZONE in and around a 30m radius of The 312 Hub.
4:00pm - 7:00pm
4:00pm - 7:00pm
4:00pm - 9:00pm
4:00pm - 9:00pm
2:00pm - 9:00pm
The 312 Hub is 'A Home to be Understood', where rangatahi voices are heard, rangatahi faces are seen and the mana of rangatahi can be felt, acknowledged and respected under the korowai community, change, creativity and culture as our founding tikanga. We champion Arts Education, Arts Activation and Arts Enterprise to equip rangatahi to be living, walking, breathing rangatira. In order for us to uphold our tikanga (protocols), we do not tolerate drugs, smoking and alcohol within a 30 metre radius of our whare. We do not tolerate any form of bullying and lack of basic common sense. This is to keep everyone safe and pono to the kaupapa. As you enter our whare, you become guardians with us and are required to uphold our safe space values of Aroha (Love), Manaaki (Uplifting of others) and Tautoko (Supporting one another), anyone who is unable to uphold these values will be asked to leave.
Please leave the space as you found it.
Please book enough time to pack in and pack out your event. You have a 15 minute buffer period before and after your booking time.
Any damage, theft or misuse caused to furniture or equipment used will be taken from the deposit.
The 312 Hub is not responsible for accidents caused in the space during your booked time.