RIMA - Flexible rehearsal, workshop, meeting and gathering studio space in Auckland
Hosted by kete aronuiSpacetoCo Host since May 2020 · 2.5k bookings
auaha - tuhono - mahi tahi create - connect - collaborate. A safe and accessible place for arts practitioners to meet and create.
About this space
PLEASE NOTE: Bookings are processed on Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:30am and 5pm. We do not process bookings over the weekend, on Public Holidays or outside of these hours. If you are booking on a Saturday or Sunday for a same-day slot, your booking will not be processed in time.
Kete Aronui provides flexible spaces for people to develop, rehearse and teach, meet and create, connect and collaborate. Our spaces are available 24 hours a day, and provide a blank canvas for you to use for your gathering, meeting or workshop.
We reserve the right to decline bookings that do not support the kaupapa of our Charitable purpose, which is to make it easy for creatives, performers, arts practitioners and educators to meet and create together.
(This also means we may decline your booking in favour of an arts-based group at busy times.)
Our venue is not suitable for youth groups, social or religious gatherings, fellowship or other non-arts based events.
If you have any questions about whether our venue is suitable for your particular event please contact us to discuss it.
Rimu is our carpeted meeting space. It would be perfect for: rehearsals, improv, workshops, choirs, martial arts, community groups, yoga, pilates, auditions, teaching, chess, language classes, creative writing, journalling, group therapy, AA, toast masters… and much much more!
The room is 7 x 4 m. The room hire includes:
There is a corridor and waiting area outside of the room, with shared seating. Your guests are welcome to use this space, but please be quiet and mindful of the rooms in use.
We want to make our space as accessible as possible so we have 3 tiers of pricing. We ask that you assess yourself fairly - we will enquire if we think you may fit into another pricing tier.
- Are you a group of people who usually rehearse in your grandparents/aunts/cousins basement? Are you working on a passion project that you're paying for out of your own pocket? Then the $7.00 Unfunded rate is for you. The unfunded rate applies to individuals/groups that have not, and will not, receive money for their projects/workshops etc. If you are charging a membership fee, a class fee, or taking donations from members to attend, then this rate is not for you.
- The funded/charging fee rate applies to all types of classes - if you are charging people to attend or charge a membership fee at the start of your term, then you qualify as funded. This pricing tier is also for groups who have received funding - be it from larger funding partners, government/local council bodies or crowdfunding. The funded/charging fee rate for Rima is $13.00 per hour - please add the 'funded/charging fee rate top up tariff' to your booking at checkout.
- If you are a commercial organisation (production company, limited company, governmental body) then the rate is $25.00 per hour. Please add the 'commercial rate top up tariff' to your booking at checkout.
If your booking is within 24 hours please also pay our Urgent booking fee $10
Additional Items and Charges:
We have some convenient extras for you to use as part of your booking.
Additional Chairs (up to 20) - $10
Table hire (up to 6) $15
Our pricing is very reasonable for the convenience and quality of our rooms. Please respect the tiered pricing we have provided for different organisation types. We need to create sustainable income from our spaces, so that we can continue to operate and provide this facility for our creative whānau. Your support to our trust and mission in booking these facilities is much appreciated.
Location & Access:
Conveniently located on Onehunga mall, this space benefits from being less than 5 minutes walk from Onehunga transport station - so super easy to get here from the city.
Only minutes from SH20 and 10 minutes drive from Auckland International & Domestic terminals
A couple of minutes walk away is Gloucester Park and the Manukau foreshore walkway - if you want some green space and fresh air!
5 minutes walk is Onehunga town centre with many bars, restaurants, cafes and eateries.
We have 38 Free car parking spaces, but please note that we take no responsibility for damage or theft that occurs in the carpark as we cannot control who comes in and out. Don't leave any valuables in your vehicle.
There is free public parking in Onehunga town centre and 50 parking spaces two doors down at the reserve.
This room has easy wheelchair access, including an accessible toilet.
When you book the room, you will be given a time-bound code for access to your booked space. We will charge a callout fee ($10-$20) if you require assistance outside of our office hours (9:30am-5pm Mon-Fri).
Our security system is on an automatic timer with a 15 minute grace period after the last session of the day. This means that once your time is up, you have 15 minutes to pack and exit the building. If you set the alarm off by overstaying your time, you will be charged a $110 call-out fee to cover the costs of the security company being called to Kete Aronui.
This is a zero waste facility - you must take all rubbish with you.
Tell us about your performance or artistic endeavours! We love to support our creative community and may be able to help promote your work through our social channels.
Are you interested in regular hire of our facility?
We have slots and rooms available for daily, weekly or monthly hire. Message us to talk about how this could work for you.
Would you like us to store props or equipment? We can arrange this for a weekly or monthly fee. Message us to discuss.
- No smoking
- The room must be left as you found it. Please book enough time to set up and clear up the space.
- We are not responsible for damage or theft that occurs while at Kete Aronui. If you have lost property, we will make every effort to find it, but cannot take any liability of items left behind.
- Vacuum, broom and cleaning equipment available
- No social gatherings e.g. birthdays.
- Zero waste - please take out all your rubbish with you
- Please be mindful of noise - other rooms may be in use
- During Alert Levels all our health and safety regulations must be adhered to