NO FRILLS MONDAY - ANY SPACE
Hosted by Lake House Arts CentreSpacetoCo Host since March 2020
Arts and Heritage Learning Centre in Auckland's North Shore. With an onsite cafe, art gallery and free parking, our visitors can enjoy art classes, and studios and rooms for hire.
About this space
All our hireable studios and rooms are available on Mondays between 9am-4pm for a no-frills rate of $17.50+GST per hour. Get in touch for the best room for your needs!
9:00am - 4:00pm
● All doors and windows must be secured on leaving the building/room.
● All lights and heaters must be switched off on leaving the building.
● The alarm must be set if you are the last to leave the premises. If in the main building, please check upstairs to make sure you are the last one out.
● Failure on the part of the Hirer to secure the Venue in any way will incur a $50.00 + GST penalty per offence, payable by the Hirer, whether the Hirer is directly responsible or not.
● The alarm code must be kept confidential.
● Any alarm callouts that are made due to misuse of the alarm, or not setting the alarm will be on charged (minimum penalty charge of $50.00 penalty in addition to a $75.00 + GST/hour call out fee).
● No equipment or any other items not belonging to the Venue are to be removed from the premises.
● Extra chairs and tables may be available – Venue Staff when picking up the key and security information if you require extra tables, chairs or equipment (extra hire fees may apply to some equipment for example, easy-ups, projector, tea/coffee supplies and wine glasses).
● The Hirer is solely responsible for the set-up of the room and furniture configuration. If it is altered it must be reset to the original position by the hirer at the completion of the Hire. Failure to do so will incur a $50 penalty.
● The room must be left in the same or better condition than that it was found. [Floors swept, and mopped if necessary; chairs and tables returned to configuration they were found in or returned to the cupboard; toilets clean and tidy; all dishes put away, any decorative materials removed from walls etc]. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to supply cleaning appliances if necessary and not available from the Venue.
● All rubbish must be binned in the bins provided by the venue. Excessive and oversized rubbish must be removed from the venue by the Hirer.
● Failure to leave the Hired Area clean and tidy as a result of the Hire will incur cleaning charges of $50/hour.
● Smoking is not permitted in any building or in the immediate surrounding grounds and gardens at Lake House Arts on any occasion. Lake House is smokefree.
● All reasonable precautions must be made to prevent damage to the building/room.
● You must be familiar with the fire evacuation procedures in case of fire.
● All equipment including electrical appliances are used at the Hirers own risk.
● Use of the premise for any public performance or event must conform to health and safety regulations and any and all required licences must be arranged and acquired by the Hirer.
● Any publicly advertised events where alcohol is to be sold or served must have a special liquor license (available through Auckland City Council. Allow at least six weeks prior to event).
● Lake House Arts accepts no responsibility for loss, damage to any property belonging to the Hirer or any guest and/or injury resulting from the Hire and does not provide insurance cover for such property, including any property which may be left in any storage or venue area.
● First Aid supply is the responsibility of the Hirer.
● Any damage to the Venue resulting from the hire will be the responsibility of the Hirer to repair and/or replace. In all cases the Venue will engage the contractors to effect repairs/replacement and on-charge the services to the hirer.
● Any damage incurred to Lake House artworks, (or artworks temporarily on the premises, under Lake House care) fixtures and fittings is the responsibility of the Hirer and the cost of repair or replacement will also be the responsibility of the Hirer.
o Corporate Hirers confirm they have liability insurance in place to cover any damage to the building, repair and rebuild Lake House Arts Centre in the event of the Hirer damaging or destroying the Venue.
o Private Hirers confirm they have personal content insurance in place to cover any damage to the building, repair and rebuild Lake House Arts Centre in the event of the Hirer damaging or destroying the Venue.
o Hirers without insurance agree to purchase and put in place insurance in place to cover any damage to the building, repair and rebuild Lake House Arts Centre in the event of the Hirer damaging or destroying the Venue.
o Hirers without insurance agree to become members of Lake House Arts Centre.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP = $35 + GST
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP = $50 + GST (Up to four people)
Membership is for a 12 month period and also has additional benefits.
COVID 19 INFORMATION: If the country moves back into Level 3 and/or 4 and our facility is forced to close, all booked hires will still be required to pay cancellation charges as per the hire agreement, and any paid bookings that can't be held will be credited, not refunded.