Mount Hawthorn Lesser Hall
Hosted by City of VincentSpacetoCo Host since October 2017 · 10k bookings
City of Vincent is a local government area in Perth, WA. Centrally located 3km from the Perth CBD, the City of Vincent has a range of halls, pavilions, parks and reserves available for hire.
About this space
Centrally located at 197 Scarborough Beach Road, Mount Hawthorn Lesser Hall is a modern community facility nestled in Braithwaite Park, making it perfect for kids’ parties, dance recitals, seniors’ events and more.
Mount Hawthorn Lesser Hall features a large function space catering for up to a max capacity of 157 people, a spacious kitchen complete with Fridge, oven, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher and urn, and easy access to Braithwaite Park Nature Play Area via an internal door.
Restrooms and accessible toilets are located within the building, which includes reverse cycle air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
The space includes a store room with approximately 26 trestle tables and 129 chairs available for use.
Braithwaite Park is a partially-fenced outdoor space featuring a large nature playground designed for 10-14 year olds, as well as a more traditional playground suited to younger children. There is also a barbecue and outdoor toilets available. Hirers are free to use these facilities, however they are not included in the hire of Mount Hawthorn Lesser Hall and may be used by the public. Areas within Braithwaite Park are available for separate hire if you wish to utilise these spaces.
Cleaning: There are no cleaning products supplied. You will need to bring your own. e.g. vacuum, brooms, mops, wipes, cleaning products.
Accessibility: Mount Hawthorn Lesser Hall is fully accessible and includes accessible toilets that can be accessed via a wheelchair lift.
Parking: Limited carpark and street parking (Berryman Street and Kalgoorlie Street) is available and may be used by visitors of Braithwaite Park and Mount Hawthorn Community Centre.
Waiver of fees: The City of Vincent may consider waiving or reducing fees for community groups or not-for-profit organisations that support the delivery of projects, programs, services or fundraising initiatives. To apply for a waiver of fees, please contact the City of Vincent prior to booking via 9273 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Rules section
7:00am - 10:00pm
7:00am - 10:00pm
7:00am - 10:00pm
7:00am - 10:00pm
7:00am - Midnight
7:00am - Midnight
7:00am - 10:00pm
- Please ensure you have read and understood the below terms and conditions and the City of Vincent's policy 2.1.7 Parks, Reserves and Hall Facilities.
- An upfront bond of up to $2500 may be required prior to an event for weekend bookings.
- Keys will not be given to approved hirers unless Photo ID (drivers licence, passport or proof of age card) has been supplied. If hirers wish to have a third party collect a key on their behalf, this must be approved by the City of Vincent in writing prior to collection.
- Keys will not be issued outside of business hours. Failure to collect keys within the times stipulated in your booking confirmation will result in the forfeit of your booking without refund.
- Access is not permitted outside the approved booking times. All booking requests must include set up and pack down for your event.
- NO CLEANING SUPPLIES ARE SUPPLIED. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN
- The facility must be left in a clean and tidy state inclusive of mopping, surface cleaning and removal of all rubbish and personal items.
- Additional cooking devices must not be used unless approved in writing.
- Helium balloons are not allowed and decorations must not be taped, tied or attached to the floor, walls, doors, or any part of the facility
- 3M Hooks are not allowed to be used.
- Tables and chairs must not to be dragged across the floor and must be returned to the store room. Neat and tidy.
- As this space is in a residential area, it is not ideal for events with live music or amplified sound. Please be mindful of noise levels and ensure amplified sound is kept to a minimum.
- All sound/noise must cease at 11:30pm on Friday and Saturday evenings and 9:30pm Sunday to Thursday. Noise from your event must be contained to within the facility. Any noise complaints will be a breach of your terms and conditions and will incur a fee. Please note that our facilities are regularly inspected by our Ranger teams.
- Bouncy castles are not permitted.
- If you are planning to have a ticketed event, an event application must be completed and submitted to the City of Vincent six weeks prior to the event. More information regarding events is available here. Please allow up to six weeks for the processing of event applications.
- For large events where food vendors plan to sell to the public, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- For small, private gatherings where food vendors are only catering to attendees, the food business must notify the City of Vincent in writing prior to the event. Please note, vehicle access is not permitted in certain public open spaces for small events.
- Should alcohol be sold, approval from the Department of Racing and Gaming is required.
- Please ensure you have obtained any applicable permits and/or approvals.
Failure to comply with the above Rules, Terms and Conditions of Hire and the City's policy 2.1.7 Parks, Reserves and Hall Facilities will result in the loss of your pre-authorisation/bond.
If there is an emergency on the day, the City of Vincent after-hours emergency number to contact is 9273 6061.
- For events larger than 500 people; additional measures will be required and will be discussed with our events team.
- Hirers are required to clean and disinfect any surfaces, equipment and furniture utilised during their session prior to vacating the premises.
- CLEANING SUPPLIES ARE NOT SUPPLIED. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN
- It is encouraged that all hirers; Stay home if unwell - Wash hands regularly - Get tested if symptomatic - Maintain a safe physical distance
The hirer is responsible for reviewing and implementing the latest State Government COVID19 directions. Failure to comply with State Government directions may result in a fine or imprisonment.
By submitting your booking request, you agree to adhere to the above COVID-19 related Terms and Conditions of use. The City Of Vincent will continue to monitor COVID-19 Safety Guidelines required and provide updates where applicable.
For more information relating to COVID-19, please click here or please contact the COVID hotline on 1326843 to discuss your specific booking.
- Ensure that you carefully read and follow any parking signs and stencils. It is always the responsibility of the motorist to look for and comply with standard signage and stencils in the area.
- Ensure you have parked your vehicle within the lines or area permitted.
- Check that you know the times you are allowed to park and allow yourself time to return before your parking expires.
- Refrain from parking in No Stopping areas, No Parking areas, Loading Zones or in Bus Stops and bays.
- Do not park on verges without permission from the property owner or on a verge where signage prohibits the action.
- Do not park in bays for other types of vehicles (e.g. motorcycles, bicycles, taxis), in rights of way, in a way that obstructs a driveway or footpath or facing against the traffic flow.
- In ticket parking zones, ensure that you display your ticket the right side up and in a prominent place, or have a valid EasyPark session started, before you leave your vehicle.
- If you have a current ACROD permit ensure it is clearly visible.
- Do not use disabled only parking areas for parking, loading or unloading, unless you hold a valid ACROD permit, even if the vehicle is occupied.
- Parking the same as another illegally parked vehicle does not make you exempt from an infringement notice.
- If your tyres have been chalked, do not attempt to remove the chalk marks and do not remove the vehicle (once parked) and re-park it within the same street/area within the designated time limit (the time limit does not apply merely to the space or bay occupied - it applies to the whole street or car park).