Site 7 - Starvation Bay (5m x 8m)
Hosted by Shire of Ravensthorpe CampgroundsSpacetoCo Host since February 2022 · 10k bookings
There are a number of camping options within the Shire of Ravensthorpe in the Fitzgerald Biosphere Coast, tucked between Esperance and Albany on the south-east coast of WA. The Shire have three (unpowered) bush camping sites to choose from, all accessible by 2WD: Hamersley Inlet Campground located within the internationally recognised Fitzgerald River National Park and the pet friendly, Mason Bay and Starvation Bay campgrounds, at picturesque beachside locations approx. 30 mins east of Hopetoun.
Areas in this space (1)
This space contains 1 different area that can be booked independently.
Starvation Bay Campground
The below areas are bookable for this space.
Site 7 - Starvation Bay (5m x 8m)
About this space
4m x 7m, firm ground, minimal shade. Tight fit for camper trailer, more suitable for tent/single accommodation vehicle (campervan or smaller RV).
Due to irreparable damage to a number of our fire pits, some have had to be removed and we cannot guarantee that a fire pit will be provided on arrival (even if depicted in any images). We recognise that this is one of the attractions of camping and the Shire is currently investigating and budgeting for a replacement program.
Extra items and charges
This space has extra items and charges that can be added to your booking. Some may be required depending on your booking time and type, which will be shown at the checkout.
Starvation Bay Campground, Starvation Boat Harbour Road, Jerdacuttup WA, Australia
FOR BOOKINGS TO BE ACCEPTED YOU MUST PROVIDE THE REGISTRATION OF THE VEHICLE YOU WILL BE TRAVELLING IN OR IN THE CASE OF A HIRE VEHICLE, A BRIEF DECRIPTION OF THE VEHICLE HIRE TO HELP IDENTIFY YOU.
Starvation Bay Campground is located in a coastal bush setting and all sites are unpowered. At times throughout the year and particularly during peak periods, the Shire may appoint a Camp Host to be based on site. To help ensure visitor safety and enjoyment, please adhere to our Campground Rules listed below.
- Check-In: 1PM
- Check-Out: 12noon (sharp)
- Campers and their guests are required to vacate the campsite no later than the check-out time to avoid additional costs and infringements.
- You must only occupy the site you have booked and paid for and all vehicles and equipment must not extend beyond your designated campsite.
- Persons camping under eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by an adult and children may not be left unattended in the campground without adult supervision.
- There are long drop toilet facilities with shower cubicle areas. You will need to bring your own water.
- All sites are unpowered and generators are permitted from 10am- 8pm.
- Any vehicles (eg boat, trailer) unable to be located within your designated campsite may be parked in the general day use parking area (subject to space availability) to ensure camp roads are kept clear or an additional campsite should be booked.
- Please adhere to the speed limit within the campground and be aware of pedestrians and children on bicycles.
- Vehicles are only permitted to drive on the beach east of the beach access track from 1st October to 30th April - entry is sign posted from the northern end of the campground.
- Camp fires are permitted but only within designated Fire Rings (if provided with your campsite), except when a Total Fire Ban has been declared . Fires must not be left unattended and fires must be fully extinguished prior to your departure from the campsite.
- Firewood is to be brought with you, it is illegal to collect firewood from the surrounding bushland.
- Pets are permitted on lead within the campground. Dogs may only be off lead on the beaches but owners are required to comply with the Dog Act 1976.
- Do not empty chemical toilet waste into campground toilets and please use the designated dump points provided.
- Failure to arrive at your campsite within 24hours without prior communications to the Shire of Ravensthorpe (08) 9839 0000 or [email protected] would be considered as a No Show and may result in your booking being cancelled and released back into the system. Please see Terms and Conditions for more information.
There is a day use parking area near the boat ramp that may be in high demand over the summer period.
- December to April can be very hot and the risk of bushfire can be very high. In the event of an emergency, the muster point for each campground is located at the boat ramp.
- It is important to note that during a Total Fire Ban or Vehicle/Harvest Ban being declared, in addition to no open fires permitted, generators must not be used and no vehicles are permitted off-road (cars, 4WDs, quad bikes and dune buggy).